Jane Bashara Murder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Jane Bashara Murder (thread #5)
by Darkman Tue May 27, 2014 2:56 am

» Jane Bashara Murder (thread #4)
by Darkman Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:15 am

» Bashara Case - Audio (podcasts, etc)
by Darkman Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:44 am

» Jane Bashara Murder (thread #3)
by Darkman Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:55 pm

» Jane's Memorial Info, Jane's Photos ... etc
by Darkman Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:01 am

» Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2)
by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:18 pm

» Jane's Vigil, Justice 4 Jane Campaign ... etc
by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:47 pm

» Other Miscellaneous Info & Photos
by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:39 pm

» Jane Bashara Murder (thread #1)
by Darkman Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:44 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2)

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Re: Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2)

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Jane Bashara's mother files police report, says she is afraid for her safety

Posted: 05/15/2012
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Clipboard01axe

---- TEXT & VIDEO ----

(WXYZ) - A police report was filed this week by Lorraine Engelbrecht, mother of murder victim Jane Bashara.

Engelbrecht tells investigators she called her son-in-law Bob Bashara on Saturday, one day after he appeared on national television talking about the case.

She says she is in fear of him because she believes his character has changed.

She says she called him and told him to stop dragging her daughter’s name through the mud and to not bring her down to this level.

She then hung up the phone.

Then she tells police Bob called back twice to plead his innocence.

She tells investigators he sounded aloof, and while he didn’t make any threatening statements, he still scared her.

Engelbrecht says she thinks Bob has changed mentally and may be unstable enough to harm her.

This is the latest twist in the high-profile saga that began in January when Jane Bashara was found murdered in her SUV on Detroit's east side.

Bashara’s ex-mistress Rachel Gillett recently filed a personal protection order against Bob claiming she was afraid for her life as well.

Bob Bashara has not been charged in the case, but is considered a person of interest.

Joseph Gentz, Bashara's former handyman, has been charged with murder and conspiracy in connection with Jane Bashara's death.

David Griem, Bob Bashara's attorney, says Mrs. Engelbrecht initiated the phone contact and Bob was just trying to calm her down.

He says Mrs. Engelbrecht has nothing to worry about.

-------------

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/jane-basharas-mother-files-police-report-says-she-is-afraid-for-her-safety

-------------

Additional Photos: (click on Spoiler below)

Spoiler:
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Empty Re: Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2)

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Mother-in-Law Files Police Report against Bob Bashara

Updated: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 10:47 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 5:49 PM EDT

By TARYN ASHER
WJBK | myFOXDetroit.com

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Momuvt

Has Bob Bashara become mentally unstable? His mother-in-law thinks so. Over the weekend, she filed a police report against her son-in-law claiming she's worried for her safety.

This all started after a "Dateline NBC" special aired on Friday about the Jane Bashara murder case. In it, Bob Bashara, his mistress, his S&M lifestyle was under the microscope. He claimed in this piece that his wife approved of some of this and when Jane Bashara's mother heard this, she had enough.

Upset with what she saw on national television, Lorraine Engelbrecht picked up the phone and called her son-in-law Saturday blasting him for how he portrayed his wife. Because of his reaction, she filed a police report with Roseville police.

"Bob tried to calm her down," said David Griem, Bashara's attorney.

According to the police report, Engelbrecht felt just the opposite. During their initial phone conversation, she told Bashara to stop dragging her daughter's name through the mud, not to bring her down to this level. She then hung up the phone.

She claims Bashara called back twice pleading to her about his innocence.

"Indicated to her let's think about the children. We shouldn't be fighting. We should be praying together for Jane and for the kids," Griem explained.

She called Tim Matouk, an investigator from the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, who advised her to make a police report.

"I have information that he instigated the report, helped with the report for his own reasons and that is his investigation of Bob Bashara," Griem said.

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Gr1so

"This isn't an investigation. It's a lynch mob being lead by a rogue cop, and all we're asking for is a fair and impartial investigation," said Griem.

We asked the prosecutor's office about this. They choose not to comment because this case is still under investigation.

---------

More at the Source: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/mother-in-law-files-police-report-against-bob-bashara-20120515-ms

----

Few readers' comments at the Source: (Click on Spoiler below to view)

Spoiler:
Few more related photos: (Click on Spoiler below to view)

Spoiler:
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Bob Bashara accused of harassing mother-in-law

By Mitch Hotts
mitch.hotts@macombdaily.com
Posted: 05/15/12 10:14 pm
Updated: 05/15/12 11:57 pm

... Lorraine Engelbrecht, the mother of the late Jane Bashara, filed the report with the Roseville Police Department after she spoke with her son-in-law after watching the May 11 “Dateline NBC” television show about her daughter.

“We took the report and forwarded the information to Grosse Pointe Park police because that’s their case,” said Roseville Deputy Police Chief James Berlin. “I have no further comment on this matter.”

Dave Griem, Bob Bashara’s defense attorney, said his client made no threats and asked her to think about the couple’s children, asking her to avoid additional arguments.

Griem went on to point out that the police report shows Engelbrecht was counseled at her home by Tim Matouk, an investigator with the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office, who urged her to file the complaint. He said Matouk is a “renegade investigator” who is the source of complaints from people being interviewed in the Bashara case.

We know several people who have said they were willing to cooperate with the prosecutor’s office but didn’t want to talk to Matouk,” Griem said. “We are aware of one individual contacted by the prosecutor’s office who felt so badgered and threatened by Matouk that he went to the hospital after his encounter.

Maria Miller, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor’s office, declined to respond to the allegations because “the investigation into the homicide of Jane Bashara is ongoing.

---------

Full Story is at the Source: http://www.macombdaily.com/article/20120515/NEWS/120519624/-1/news/bob-bashara-accused-of-harassing-mother-in-law&pager=full_story
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Darkman wrote:Dateline Shows Dark Side of Bashara and Grosse Pointe

By Bill McGraw | May 12th, 2012, 9:24 AM

Bob Bashara opened his home and his heart to NBC's Dateline Friday night, but the result was a tale of a Grosse Pointe Park sex dungeon for a national audience. What did he expect?

Bashara has been defensive toward local media outlets, but he welcomed Dateline into his home, showing off the pond, burbling water and ferns in his backyard, and allowing the camera to capture him leafing through a book in the living room, next to a glass that carried the words “You’re the Man, Bob”.
Elsewhere on the net incog88 said about the "You are the man, Bob" glass:

people talking about the 'you're' the man bob cup... they were given to him by his family at a 'bob' store (everything about bob)... Pretty sure he has a bob shirt and clock and doormat too lol
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:32 pm

EXCLUSIVE!

LNS has asked me to post the below from a source close to Rachel Gillett that LNS believes to be trustworthy and credible:

"There was NO letter and no contact of any kind between RG and Jane ever... that was a rumor that somehow started at the beginning of this case. It never happened and there will be no proof of any contact come out during the trial.

"There was no reason for RG to contact Jane. RG thought that a divorce was pending and that the marriage was over by mutual consent. Then she was told the divorce was final and that they (RG and Bob) could go on with their life together. RG thought this was just a couple who was in the process of a MUTUAL divorce. She thought that both Jane and Bob would move on and be happier without the other person.

"There was no reason for RG to confront Jane about anything, there was nothing for her to be mad or vengeful about. She never thought this was a happy marriage, she'd been given many, many instances from Bob of how they did not get along. Also, RG didn't know anyone else in GP or anyone who knew Bob and Jane... so unfortunately she got all her information from Bob who she trusted and loved. When he told RG that the divorce was coming soon and that Jane wanted it too, she believed him.

"That makes his current stand on being the loving husband, who had no intention of leaving his wife for RG so much sicker. People who saw RG and Bob together could see how in love they were, it was very obvious even to strangers that they were crazy about each other.` He had many talks with RG's family, friends and grown children about his intentions of a future with RG, taking care of her etc.. "

While the source does not believe Jane knew anything about RG or the alternative lifestyle, they believe that after 26 years Jane must have known that Bob was a cheater. They feel sure she had to catch him in many, many lies over the years.
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:34 pm

It's HERE:

Bob Bashara's Former Mistress Breaks Her Silence

Published On: May 18 2012 04:54:46 PM EDT

--- VIDEO ---- (preview)
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Clipboard02bj

SUNDAY AT 11 P.M. - A Defenders Exclusive! Chilling new details from the woman who had everything to lose.
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Clipboard01xlr

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/Bob-Bashara-s-Former-Mistress-Breaks-Her-Silence/-/1719524/13483832/-/wp9t5nz/-/index.html

Spoiler:
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Darkman wrote:
EXCLUSIVE!

LNS has asked me to post the below from a source close to Rachel Gillett that LNS believes to be trustworthy and credible:

"There was NO letter and no contact of any kind between RG and Jane ever... that was a rumor that somehow started at the beginning of this case. It never happened and there will be no proof of any contact come out during the trial.

"There was no reason for RG to contact Jane. RG thought that a divorce was pending and that the marriage was over by mutual consent. Then she was told the divorce was final and that they (RG and Bob) could go on with their life together. RG thought this was just a couple who was in the process of a MUTUAL divorce. She thought that both Jane and Bob would move on and be happier without the other person.

"There was no reason for RG to confront Jane about anything, there was nothing for her to be mad or vengeful about. She never thought this was a happy marriage, she'd been given many, many instances from Bob of how they did not get along. Also, RG didn't know anyone else in GP or anyone who knew Bob and Jane... so unfortunately she got all her information from Bob who she trusted and loved. When he told RG that the divorce was coming soon and that Jane wanted it too, she believed him.

"That makes his current stand on being the loving husband, who had no intention of leaving his wife for RG so much sicker. People who saw RG and Bob together could see how in love they were, it was very obvious even to strangers that they were crazy about each other.` He had many talks with RG's family, friends and grown children about his intentions of a future with RG, taking care of her etc.. "

While the source does not believe Jane knew anything about RG or the alternative lifestyle, they believe that after 26 years Jane must have known that Bob was a cheater. They feel sure she had to catch him in many, many lies over the years.
Maybe in light of what RG said above and in light of her upcoming TV interview this Sunday at 11 P.M. --- possibly some people would like to listen to this before the Sunday night interview:

It's ... Mojo in the Morning with Alias Beth and Aaron (AUDIO of their phone calls to Mojo, re: Bob Bashara and Rachel Gillett) ...

Here it is:

http://www.mojointhemorning.com/player/?mid=21808634
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Darkman wrote:

Bob Bashara opened his home and his heart to NBC's Dateline Friday night, but the result was a tale of a Grosse Pointe Park sex dungeon for a national audience. What did he expect?

Bashara has been defensive toward local media outlets, but he welcomed Dateline into his home, showing off the pond, burbling water and ferns in his backyard, and allowing the camera to capture him leafing through a book in the living room, next to a glass that carried the words “You’re the Man, Bob”.

people talking about the 'you're' the man bob cup... they were given to him by his family at a 'bob' store (everything about bob)... Pretty sure he has a bob shirt and clock and doormat too lol
angelindisguyz wrote:
How about a cup that says You're a CHEATER

I wish they had enough on him to arrest him, already!! I wonder if they are waiting on JG results? Each day he has his freedom, must make JB's family sick!!!
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Bob Bashara's mistress says he manipulated her, told her he was divorced

7:28 AM, May 21, 2012

A woman who dated Bob Bashara before his wife was found slain says the Grosse Pointe Park man first portrayed himself online as widowed and later told her he was getting divorced as they were building a life together.

But a few days after Bashara's wife Jane was found dead in January, strangled in the back of her SUV in a Detroit alley, Rachel Gillett, 51, said she was shocked as she watched Bashara crying and mourning his wife's loss on television.

"Obviously, first of all, that he was still married, that the divorce that I thought had happened in May didn't happen," Gillett said in an interview that first aired on WDIV Channel 4 Sunday night. "And that he'd lied to me, and I was just -- I went in shock pretty much."

Gillett, who has since filed a personal protection order against Bob Bashara, said she met the businessman online. She said his profile claimed he was widowed and raising a teenaged daughter by himself. But Gillett found out during the relationship he was married.

"Over the course of that relationship, I unfortunately began to care very much for him and fell in love," Gillett said. "In retrospect, I realize that he lied to me and manipulated me. And now I find myself in a position I never, ever imagined I would be in."

Bashara told her that he and his wife were living separate lives.

"At no time did I think this was a good, solid relationship," she said. A year before the killing, she said Bob told her he was divorcing.

"For the last eight months of our relationship, I thought he was finally divorced," Gillett said. "We looked for a house. We went many places in Grosse Pointe and in the area. I never tried to hide my relationship. My friends, my family, my coworkers all knew of Bob as my boyfriend. This was a relationship that I thought was mutual. He led me to believe he wanted a future with me as much as I wanted it. And I have since discovered that he had no intention of ever divorcing. And I still have a difficult time. I don't understand how you can do that."

Gillett, who has since moved out of state, said she waited to speak publicly until after Mother's Day out of respect for the Bashara children.

"I want to offer my deepest sympathies and condolences and prayers to the members of Jane's family who actually really loved her," Gillett said. "It's still devastating. And it's devastating to everybody in the community -- and I understand that -- and to Jane's family. She does not have the opportunity to move on with her life and to get a divorce and go on and have a new life. That was taken from her. And I don't know what else to say."

----------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120521/NEWS02/120521010/Bob-Bashara-Rachel-Gillett-Jane-Bashara-Grosse-Pointe
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:47 pm

Ruthie Bee,

check out those two comments (from the same user, actually), if you haven't seen them by now:

http://thisisgp.com/gary-m-wilson-esq/ms-basharas-missing-clothing#comment-330 (this is depressing story)

http://thisisgp.com/gary-m-wilson-esq/chief-hiller-takes-vacation#comment-323
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:05 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Bob Bashara's former girlfriend speaks out

Rachel Gillett talks exclusively with Local4 Defenders about her relationship with Bob Bashara

Published On: May 21 2012 10:01:46 AM EDT

---- VIDEO ---- (5:33)
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Clipboard01eb

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/EXCLUSIVE-Bob-Bashara-s-former-girlfriend-speaks-out/-/1719314/13499820/-/x71ktlz/-/index.html

More photos:
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Clipboard01vge
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Bob
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 pm

May 21, 2012 at 12:37 pm
Bashara's ex-girlfriend gives TV interview, claims he lied to her

By George Hunter
The Detroit News

... Gillett's attorney, Doraid Elder, said his client is cooperating with authorities in the murder investigation. Police searched Gillett's former Grosse Pointe Park flat, removing several boxes, although it was unclear what items were taken into evidence.

Gillett did not address elements of the case during her television interview because she said she didn't want to compromise the investigation. But she discussed at length how the man she met online allegedly deceived her.

"At the beginning of our relationship when I met Mr. Bashara online, on his profile he said he was widowed and was raising a teenage daughter by himself," said Gillett, who has moved out of Metro Detroit. "After we began dating, I found out that that was not true; that he had lied. But then he told me he was separated; that the marriage really was, for all intents and purposes over; that they were separated and they were in the process of getting a divorce. At no time did I think this was a good, solid relationship."

Robert Bashara's attorney, David Griem, was not available Monday morning for comment...

--------------------------
More at the Source below.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120521/METRO/205210392
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Ex-Lover To Big Bob Bashara: Back Off!

April 21st, 2012, 8:26 AM

If you’re a suspect in a murder case, one of the last things you need is for your ex-girlfriend to file a personal protection order. It just doesn’t look good.

Well, Robert Bashera, “suspect” in the murder of his wife Jane, is facing that situation in what has become one of the more compelling who-done-it stories in Metro Detroit....

More at the Source

----

Bob Bashara's Mistress Talks Of A Love Gone Wrong

May 21st, 2012, 11:36 AM

...the horribly sad irony of Bashara's online self-description was the eventual death of his wife, Jane Bashara, in January. She was found dead in the back of her SUV in a litter-strewn Detroit alley.

Police quickly labeled Bashara a person of interest, and Gillett's anonymity faded almost instantaneously in the glare of media reports and the murder investigation.

Bashara has not been charged and has cooperated with police. The family handyman is awaiting trial in the case, charged with murder. And Gillett is picking up the pieces of her life.

More at the Source
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:14 pm

No need for Griem to speak this time ... His co-counsel, i suppose, can also do that... Smile

-----------

... Christina Utley, an Oakland County-based attorney retained this month by Bashara as co-counsel to David Griem, recited a statement Monday prepared in response to Gillett's television interview.

"After hearing Ms. Gillett's prepared statement, it's evident that she and Mr. Bashara were not on the same page regarding the relationship," Utley said, declining to elaborate further. "If Ms. Gillett felt she was misled in any way regarding that relationship, we'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to her."

Utley added Gillett and Robert Bashara have both cooperated fully with the murder investigation. Bashara, she said, has voluntarily met with police without an attorney on four separate occasions over the last four months.

"It was clear, after seeing the interview with Ms. Gillett and her lawyer, she had no knowledge or information indicating that Mr. Bashara had anything whatsoever to do with his wife's death," Utley said.

Source
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:18 pm

New Bashara attorney says mistress 'misunderstood' relationship with Bob Bashara

Bob Bashara's defense stresses Rachel Gillett 'misunderstood' her relationship with married Grosse Pointe Park man

Author: Marc Santia, Local 4 Defenders
Published On: May 21 2012 05:16:26 PM EDT Updated On: May 21 2012 05:28:15 PM EDT

---- TEXT & VIDEO (3:08) ----

GROSSE POINTE PARK, Mich. -
Bob Bashara is responding to Rachel Gillett's interview with Local 4.

Gillett painted a story of lies and deceit. She said Bashara betrayed her and lied to her about his wife and children.

Now, Bashara's newest attorney, Christina Utley, is firing back. She says Gillett misunderstood her three-year relationship with Bashara....

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Christine-Utley-jpg

Bob Bashara's new-look defense team

Spoiler:
Utley returned to Michigan after serving a prosecutor in Cook County, Illinois. She joins David Griem in Bob Bashara's defense.

Utley stresses Gillett misunderstood her relationship with Bob Bashara.

--------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/New-Bashara-attorney-says-mistress-misunderstood-relationship-with-Bob-Bashara/-/1719314/13520002/-/10fq15n/-/index.html

Spoiler:
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Bashara bounced from Macomb church festival

Posted: 05/21/12 09:46 pm

By Mitch Hotts

Murder suspect Bob Bashara inexplicably showed up at a Macomb County church festival over the weekend where he volunteered to work before he was asked to leave the premises, according to witnesses and the church pastor.

Bashara showed up at the annual St. Joan of Arc Spring Festival in St. Clair Shores on Friday and Saturday, offering to work at the Vegas tent and a food booth. Someone allowed him to briefly work as a dealer in the Vegas tent until Monsignor G. Michael Bugarin was notified and asked him to leave.

“I am not really sure why he was here because he’s not a member of our church, I checked on that,” Bugarin said.

Bugarin said once Bashara made his presence known, word spread around the church campus during the festival on Friday and Saturday, and the buzz eventually reached him.

“Some people felt uncomfortable about the conversation he was making about wanting to help people out and his continued presence,” Bugarin said. “When his actions were brought to my attention, I took action. And I asked him to leave.”

Many in the crowd at the spring festival instantly recognized him because his face has been on television news reports and in newspaper reports for the past four months, said one worker at the event.

“He was even wearing a name tag but we don’t know where he got it,” said a festival volunteer who did not want to be identified. “He was acting like he belonged there, like he was a regular, and I don’t think people liked that. As Christians, we are taught to be forgiving and accepting, but with someone who has a reputation like his, we have to be careful and watch out for shenanigans.’

Bashara’s legal team could not be reached for comment on Monday.

His appearance at the St. Joan event coincided with a television appearance by Rachel Gillett, his former mistress, who was interviewed Sunday night on WDIV-TV (Channel 4).

In her first public comment on the case, Gillett said she met Bashara online where he indicated he was widowed and raising a teenage daughter by himself. Bashara, who has two adult children, later told Gillett that he was married to Jane Bashara but had divorced her.

“In retrospect, I realized he lied to me and manipulated me and now I find myself in a position that I never imagined I would be,” she told the TV station, which also reported she has moved out of Michigan to start a new life.

WDIV also reported that Christina Utley, a former prosecutor in Cook County, Ill., has joined attorney David Griem on the Bashara defense team.

Bashara’s appearance at the St. Joan festival wasn’t the only topic of conversation in the church community...

----------

More at the Source: http://www.macombdaily.com/article/20120521/NEWS01/120529907/bashara-bounced-from-macomb-church-festival&pager=full_story
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:23 pm

Bob Bashara Seen Dealing Blackjack at St. Joan of Arc Fair

Posted 57 min ago.

"Didn't go myself, but heard that "Master Bob" was dealing blackjack at the St. Joan of Arc Vegas room. Is this possible? The guy is an admitted cheater and it is likely that he is an S&M Master and played some part in the murder of his wife. How on earth would St Joan allow him to represent this fine event? If it is true, The people who run St Joan should have their heads examined."

Source: Grosse Pointe Park Forum
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:24 pm

New lawyer: Bob Bashara apologizes to his ex-lover

May 22, 2012
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Bilde?Site=C4&Date=20120522&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=205220406&Ref=AR&MaxW=2000&Border=0&New-lawyer-Bob-Bashara-apologizes-his-ex-lover

A new lawyer joined the defense team for Bob Bashara, a suspect in the January killing of his wife, Jane Bashara, by stepping into the news media spotlight Monday with a public apology from her client to his former lover Rachel Gillett.

"If Ms. Gillett felt she was misled, he wants to apologize," said Bob Bashara's new lawyer, Christina Utley, a former state prosecutor in Cook County, Ill. Utley also said it appears that Bashara and Gillett "are not on the same page" about their past relationship.

Utley said the interview made it clear that Gillett "had no knowledge or any information that indicated Mr. Bashara had anything to do with his wife's death."

She thanked Gillett for cooperating with investigators and said her client, too, "has cooperated in every way" with the investigation.

The statements got a frosty reception from Gillett's lawyer, Doraid Elder.

Bashara's team "can put the spin on what he thought, but (she) can never change the facts or manipulate the truth in the investigation, and that includes the intimate relationship" that Bashara wanted to continue, Elder said.

Asked whether Gillett still is concerned about Bashara, Elder said: "My client is no longer in the state of Michigan."

---------------------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120522/NEWS01/205220406/New-lawyer-Bob-Bashara-apologizes-to-his-ex-lover
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Hmmm.. they changed the photo of BB in my above post, I see (the photo's address was right from the Source).

Here is article's original photo of BB:

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Clipboard02
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Darkman wrote:

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Youbob

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Youbobsmall

YOU'RE THE MAN, BOB

Spoiler:
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Darkman wrote:
HAHA... - firstly i thought maybe it was Bobby ... until i read the details Basketball

Grosse Pointe Woods Police Subdue Naked Man with Taser on Mack Avenue

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 5cfbe02b1176ccc91899fc34dc531494

-----------

The details are HERE: http://stclairshores.patch.com/articles/woods-police-subdue-man-wih-taser-on-mack-ave
Man who ran naked down Mack charged in court -- and wears a suit

2:41 PM, May 23, 2012

A man who gained Twitter notoriety after he was recorded running naked on Mack Avenue in Grosse Pointe Woods during rush hour was arraigned today in municipal court.

Jeffrey Thompson, 30, of Livonia, dressed in a suit, stood mute and waived a formal reading of the charges. He is charged with being a disorderly person, public nudity and resisting arrest, each punishable by up to 93 days in jail.

According to police, Thompson was high on methamphetamines when he stripped and ran naked before being shocked with a Taser.

His lawyer, Samuel Gun, told Judge Theodore Metry that Thompson is a 2005 University of Michigan graduate and was laid off from his job last year. He is in therapy and has tested negative for drugs.

Metry set personal bond and ordered him to take a drug test immediately after his hearing and twice a week thereafter.

Gun and the city attorney will meet June 13, and if they reach an agreement, the case won’t go to trial.

Gun confirmed his client had taken meth twice, but he said he had never gotten in trouble before.

“He’s like a choir boy. He’s clean,” Gun said. “This guy has never even smoked cigarettes. He’s a solid regular guy.”

Gun said Thompson was shocked when he learned Tuesday that footage of him running had gone viral on the Internet.

“He has no recollection of the incident — none,” Gun said.

--------------------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012120523048
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Bashara Murder Mystery that some people find more informative than Dateline NBC show

Bashara murder mystery: Chapter 1 -- Timeline video
February 17, 2012
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bashara-murder-mystery-Chapter-1-Timeline/-/1719314/8797316/-/wk8jr5/-/index.html

Bashara murder mystery: Chapter 2 -- Jane's family video
February 17, 2012
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bashara-murder-mystery-Chapter-2-Jane-s-family/-/1719314/8797214/-/kc8c30/-/index.html

Bashara murder mystery: Chapter 3 -- Joe Gentz video
February 17, 2012
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bashara-murder-mystery-Chapter-3-Joe-Gentz/-/1719314/8797204/-/1c91x5/-/index.html

Bashara murder mystery: Chapter 4 -- The investigation video
February 17, 2012
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bashara-murder-mystery-Chapter-4-The-investigation/-/1719314/8797322/-/pk3mmm/-/index.html

Bashara murder mystery: Chapter 5 -- Bob Bashara video
February 17, 2012
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bashara-murder-mystery-Chapter-5-Bob-Bashara/-/1719314/8797338/-/moaqbbz/-/index.html

Bashara murder mystery: Chapter 6 -- Bob's secret life video
February 17, 2012
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bashara-murder-mystery-Chapter-6-Bob-s-secret-life/-/1719314/8797380/-/6i8djf/-/index.html

Bashara murder mystery: Chapter 7 -- Grosse Pointe Park community video
February 17, 2012
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bashara-murder-mystery-Chapter-7-Grosse-Pointe-Park-community/-/1719314/8797350/-/2ks9p4/-/index.html

Bashara murder mystery: Interview with David Griem video
February 17, 2012
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bashara-murder-mystery-Interview-with-David-Griem/-/1719314/8797234/-/tisbjqz/-/index.html

Bashara murder mystery: Interview with Tom Berry video
February 17, 2012
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bashara-murder-mystery-Interview-with-Tom-Berry/-/1719314/8797314/-/biwbyy/-/index.html

Bashara murder mystery: Interview with Todd Flood video
February 17, 2012
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bashara-murder-mystery-Interview-with-Todd-Flood/-/1719314/8797274/-/6ho35f/-/index.html
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:39 pm

BB lost quite a bit of weight, by the looks of it...

Source: http://twitter.com/scarfthese/status/203662596400873473/photo/1

"I think this is Bob at the casino night he was kicked out of recently." (thanks for the find, starzinmyeyes2)
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 At_OODWj_CAAA1aul

... and here are few more pics of Bobby, that I cut out from Bashara Murder Mystery, mentioned in above post: (click on Spoiler below to view)

Spoiler:
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Joe Gentz is misbehaving in jail again...

... on 5 pm News, Channel 4 ... they said: as his court date is approaching he is increasingly aggressive, controls the TV etc etc .. They have a special file on him already. Sad
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Joe Gentz in more trouble behind bars

Man charged with death of Grosse Pointe Park's Jane Bashara, currently locked up in Dickerson Jail.

Published On: May 25 2012 05:31:17 PM EDT

DETROIT -
The Local 4 Defenders have learned that Joe Gentz has been causing more problems behind bars.

Another disciplinary report has been created because of Gentz's aggressive behavior and continued refusal to comply with instructions.

Sources told the Defenders Gentz is arguing with other inmates about several things, including television.

He’s currently locked up in the Dickerson jail in Hamtramck, awaiting a preliminary hearing that is set for June.

-----------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Joe-Gentz-in-more-trouble-behind-bars/-/1719314/14202666/-/5647as/-/index.html
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Bashara: Why I was asked to leave church fair

Bob Bashara has different version of why he was asked to leave church fair

Posted: 05/26/12 11:05 pm

By Mitch Hotts

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 AR-120529603

Bob Bashara on Saturday said a St. Clair Shores church leader’s version of Bashara being ordered off church property during a festival fundraiser last week was not accurate. Bashara worked as a volunteer dealing cards at the Vegas tent for more than 10 hours over two days before being asked to leave the premises.

Bashara, the Grosse Pointe Park property manager who has been named as a person of interest in the strangulation of his wife, said he was bounced from the event only after an intoxicated man caused a scene at the St. Joan of Arc Spring Festival and security was called.

Bashara said he was blocked from even entering the food tent to buy a pierogi on his way out of the festival, where he had gone to meet some friends and relax a bit.

Bashara had met his friends at the Vegas tent on May 18 where he learned two dealers had failed to show up. He offered to work for free and was given a name tag and a table to handle.

“Life hasn’t been fun with the death of my wife and the terrible things being said about me in the press, so I just wanted to get out for a little while,” he said. “When I found out they were short on dealers, I said I’d be happy to deal; I know a little about gambling from having gone on some Vegas jaunts. I worked six hours and at the end of the night, they thanked me profusely and asked me to come back the following night.”

He returned the following day and worked until just after midnight when a church official asked him to leave following an incident by a parishioner who was intoxicated and “caused a commotion.”

“This intoxicated guy approached me and started cussing me out, saying I shouldn’t be there and all of this. He actually pushed a few patrons after we called security. A little while later, the head supervisor, who had been very nice, told me I couldn’t work there, because my presence made people feel uncomfortable. I understood and I left.”

Monsignor G. Michael Bugarin last week told the Macomb Daily he personally asked Bashara to leave and was under the impression that Bashara had only worked a short time in the Vegas tent before being escorted out.

“The monsignor’s comments were unfair and untrue,” Bashara said. “I guess I would have assumed a man of the cloth would tell the truth.”

Bashara, who has a history of charitable acts and fundraising efforts, said on his way out, another church official blocked him from entering the food tent, and again asked him to leave the church property. Bashara said he walked to his car, turned and waved before leaving.

“I was thinking to myself, ‘You’re a man of God, and yet you are accusing me, ridiculing me,’ just like how Jesus Christ was mocked and attacked, not that I’m comparing myself to the Lord,” Bashara said.

Bugarin on Saturday declined further comment.

“Quite honestly, I said what was needed to be said last week and have nothing further,” Bugarin said.

Some festival volunteers told the Macomb Daily last week that they were surprised to see Bashara working the event, but felt uncomfortable there since he has been widely reported to be under investigation for the death of his wife, Jane, a Mount Clemens native.

But others now say Bugarin knew Bashara was working the Vegas tent and some were upset that not only was Bashara banned from working but also not allowed to even eat at the event. Others were upset that Bugarin put festival organizers “in the awkward position” of asking Bashara to leave instead of doing it himself.

Dave Griem, Bashara’s attorney, said he has written a letter to Bugarin, the church pastor, calling his actions and words “cowardice.”

“There is a saying that applies here: No good deed goes unpunished,” said Griem, who has done pro bono work for the Catholic church. “We would think the church would keep an open mind and not act as the Romans did way back in the beginning of our calendar. I think it’s sad that Monsignor Bugarin has tried Mr. Bashara, found him guilty, and sentenced him on inaccurate facts. But Bob Bashara has no axe to grind with him and forgives him for that type of mindset.”

Bashara said fundraising and volunteer work was something he enjoyed doing with Jane Bashara. He said the couple were part of a volunteer force that raised $850,000 for Grosse Pointe Public Schools, from which their two children graduated. Other causes dear to the Basharas included the Grosse Pointe Rotary Club, Oakland International Academy and the Grosse Pointe Woods annual Fourth of July fireworks display.

“God blessed our family and we wanted to give back to the community,” he said. “And that’s something I hope to get back to someday. When Jane and I worked on those projects, I’d come home at night with a huge sense of satisfaction. That’s what made me happy.”

Bashara, who had a 24-year record of perfect attendance as a Rotarian, resigned from the Rotary after 15 of the club’s 95 members called for his removal. He said the club’s motto of “service above self” was a principle instilled in him from his father and grandfather, both attorneys who gave back to the community.

The body of Jane Bashara was found Jan. 25 in the back of her SUV in an alley on Detroit’s east side. An autopsy determined she had been strangled.

Joe Gentz, who formerly did yard work for Bashara, has been charged with the woman’s death and also conspiracy to commit murder. Bashara has not been charged, but has been asked by investigators to take a polygraph exam and submit handwriting samples, which he has done.

Gentz remains in jail as he awaits a June 11 hearing in 36th District Court in Detroit to determine whether he is mentally stable to understand the charges against him.

----------

Source: http://www.dailytribune.com/article/20120527/NEWS01/120529603/-1/NEWS/bashara-why-i-was-asked-to-leave-church-fair&pager=full_story
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Notice the similarities in BB's tie (in the above article's pic) .. with the pic of infamous Fifty Shade's of Grey book's cover ...
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Tie_bob

... and why is he holding that tie for the photo snap? ... Rolling Eyes
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:22 pm

This case 1 hour special that was recently shown on Dateline NBC

Bashara Special

The entire show, free of commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ-3Qg37q2k

All thanks go to LNS
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Bob's property on Mack just became a bit cheaper to rent... New ad placed only a couple of days ago:

$1900 / 2650ft² - Mack ave location for multi use (Grosse pointe park) (map)

This double store front can be a bar, retail office or whatever you wish.

There is a liquor license that is available and plenty of parking.

Alot of building upgrade have been done in areas of electrical, plumbing, etc.

Call Bob at 313-410-7113 to arrange a tour and talk flexiable terms...

mack at nottingham

Source: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/off/3038378085.html

The previous similar ad was 95 bucks per month more:

$1995 double store front, for office/lounge (Mack ave. Grosse Pointe Park) (map)

This lower store front has been a bar, and restraunt, and can be used for your venture

The is the possibility of a liquor liscense for sale as well.

This is a great rent value and a must see location, on a busy street with plenty of

off street parking... call Bob at 313-410-7113

Mack at Nottingham

Source: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/off/2947615116.html
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Another fresh ad by Bob:

storage bin for pickup - $195 (grosse pointe park)

Date: 2012-05-21

black hard molded storage unit that fits on bed of most and pickup truck

in good condition and ready for immediate sale
call bob at 313-410-7113

Source: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/pts/3029960645.html
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:31 pm

hehe... thanks for the tip, kittygirl...

In case that pic dies there at twitter... Here is it's backup:

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Au_Bzldj_CQAAh_Rg_A

Source: https://twitter.com/Kimburlee_Zaybo/status/207292670278778881/photo/1
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Looks like Bob Bashara's new attorney, Christina Utley, isn't it?

John & Christina Utley, 2005 Photo
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Utley

----------

Source: Detroit Yacht Club
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Noticed this before also ... but i see that they are, more or less, keeping up with "Jane Bashara Murder" case updates over at TruTV boards / forums:

http://boards.library.trutv.com/showthread.php?304157-Murder-of-Jane-Bashara-Grosse-Pointe-Mi

and i see they also talk about the case here: http://www.sportsinferno.com/threads/106110-Jane-Bashara-murder

also something else i came across: [url="http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=389453"]Friend of the family found murdered - ProTeacher Community[/url]

-------

Some other minor case related stuff i found on the net:

"...Anyone been following the Jane Bashara murder? Joe Gentz and his late dad were long time friends and have worked for me. Joe is not 'all there' but his dad kept him in line. If Joe did the alleged murder, someone had to plan it and tell him what to do. He has been arrested, arraigned, and a competency hearing scheduled, which is needed as one charge is 'conspiracy.'

My home land line phone exists only to support my DSL, one phone and an answering machine, no caller ID, etc. Most times the machine gets the call before me. (Mostly marketing calls.)

I haven't seen or talked to Joe since a couple months after his dad's death some three years ago.

It was somewhat surprising that Joe called the day after his 3 day hold, and left a message on the machine to call back. Trouble is, he left no number, so with no caller ID and other calls after his, I couldn't use the 'call back last caller' feature. Oh well.

Two other bits; last I knew, Joe lost his driver's license over thousands in unpaid fines, so I'm not sure if the alleged promise of a used Cadillac would have done him any good. He was married for a while, so maybe she got his tickets and finances straight, but maybe not as news reports say a friend is driving him.

News reports say the car and body were found near Seven Mile and Hoover, supposedly near one of his friend's properties. What they aren't saying, if they know, is that location is is about four blocks W and a block or two S of where Joe grew up."

Source: http://www.robingehood.com/viewtopic.php?p=165686#p165686

"Got my haircut a few weeks ago, the girl said Joe Gentz had been in there the day before, sounding like he was bragging about being in the spotlight, etc. I'd believe he's not 'all there'. That's my two cents."

Source: http://www.robingehood.com/viewtopic.php?p=165691#p165691

Some more talk about the case at that forum is here: http://www.robingehood.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7370

-------

-- 1a judge needs to put a gag order on David Griem

-- A judge can't go ahead and put a gag order on an everyday citizen just because he feels like it. There are no charges, there's no trial, no judge assigned to any case.

-- I heard from a vey reliable source that old Bob was playing blackjack at the St. Joan of Arc fair last night. ( Mack south of 9 mile)

Source: http://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34586&start=30

--------

Joe Gentz' father Richard Gentz passed away in 2009 - http://www.lakestclairwalleyeassociation.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=1608&forum_id=3

--------

-- I've known Joe for at least 15 years, we both belonged to the same club. Joe has a bad temper, is as big as a grizzly bear and as dumb as a bag of rocks. He is easily manipulated to do things he would never think of on his own. I can’t see him as the master mind in planning a murder. I could see him getting in a bar fight and really hurting someone, but not murder. As far as conflicting stories he is giving, he couldn’t give the same story about going to the corner store twice. He is that dumb.

-- Having known his entire family for over 30 yrs(same school and church) I can attest to the accuracy of your description. I would add that the entire family suffers from a diminished mental capacity yet Joe was the only one who showed an aggressive nature. He also was known to 'stretch' the truth for the sake of attention which may be one of the reasons for the delay in charging him.

-- I only had the pleasure ( :rolleyes: ) of meeting Joe and his father so I don't know about the rest of the family. His father was no angel and had his own anger issues which he would vent in Joe's presence.

Source: http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410016&page=2
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Maybe Joe Gentz' relatives can sell or swap Joe's fishing rod(s) and equipment, as he won't be needing them any time soon: (see below)

-----------

Grosse Pointe Woods to Hold Boater Swap Meet

Event is the place to shop for or sell boating and fishing gear.

By Heidi Bitsoli, the author, 4:00 pm

-----------

Read at the Source: http://grossepointe.patch.com/articles/gpw-to-hold-boater-swap-meet
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Radio Interviews in the Case

Val Hall, proprieter of the hinkymeter blog that has made explosive allegations about the Jane Bashara murder case, called into Charlie Langton’s show Thursday.

February 9, 2012 3:25 PM

---- AUDIO ----

part 1 (9:09)

part 2 (8:18)

===========================================

Alleged Bashara Witness speaks

May 4, 2012

Supposed Bashara witness “Steve” gives his story of what went down in the murder of Jane Bashara. Charlie asks tough questions to “Steve” about his substantial claims.

---- podcast (Audio) (20:56) ---- Steve Virgona (Joe Gentz friend) speaks to Charlie Langton

Listen at the Source: Audio (20 min : 56 sec)

or:

Read the details of Steve Virgona's phone call to Charlie Langton HERE

===========================================

MOJO in the Morning ... Bashara related Audio:

(08:48) Bashara Murder Investigation - http://www.mojointhemorning.com/player/?mid=21783836

(10:08) Master Bob Bashara - http://www.mojointhemorning.com/player/?mid=21808634

(08:14) Did Bob Bashara Have A Fetish? Pt 1:
http://www.podcast.de/episode/110148950/Did%2BBob%2BBashara%2BHave%2BA%2BFetish%253F%2BPt%2B1/

(08:14) Did Bob Bashara Have A Fetish? Pt 2:
http://www.podcast.de/episode/110148954/Did%2BBob%2BBashara%2BHave%2BA%2BFetish%253F%2BPt%2B2

"Got my haircut a few weeks ago, the girl said Joe Gentz had been in there the day before, sounding like he was bragging about being in the spotlight, etc. I'd believe he's not 'all there'. That's my two cents."
That guy was probably talking about that "Dana" girl / hairdresser who called Mojo in the Morning and told them Joe Gentz came in for haircut after being released from police and was bragging about being in spotlight etc ... admitted to them that he killed Jane and that Bob Bashara made him do it ...

It's in this Mojo's Audio / podcast below:

(08:08) Bashara Murder ... (Joe Gentz) Got Haircut:
http://www.podcast.de/episode/110148801/Bashara%2BMurder%2BGot%2BHaircut
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:07 pm

Darkman wrote:WEDNESDAY, MAY 9, 2012

Detroit’s Local 4 News Filming of BDSM Club Irresponsible Journalism

By Sunny Megatron

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Secret-sex-club

DETROIT - I just learned Detroit’s Local 4 News planted someone at a local BDSM Dungeon party and will broadcast images of the guests captured on a hidden camera on tonight’s 11pm news. The angle of the story is something to the effect of “OMG! Are there really crazy sex parties in our quiet suburban neighborhoods!?” The story will also attempt to tie a local murder suspect’s involvement with S&M to his wife’s killing.

Although faces will be blurred, it is unclear whether other identifying marks like tattoos will be obscured (they were not blurred in the promos). It is also unclear if the name/location of the venue will be revealed.

This promotional segment on “Dungeons of Debautery” has already been airing all day. Note, the clip includes audio and clear below the neck views of some party goers. I am at odds with whether or not to link to this clip. I decided to go ahead because it’s important for us to see how this subject is being portrayed. My outrage didn’t fully kick in until I saw this video with my own two eyes: Detroit’s Dungeons of Debautery. The text below the video reads “Are there dungeons of debauchery in quiet, local communities? Wait until you see what Defender hidden cameras reveal!”

UPDATE: The promo clip that failed to properly obscure the identities of party goers has been removed from Channel 4’s website. The full story has aired and can be seen HERE. The undercover scenes are dramatically different from the promo and the focus of the story was changed, likely due to the public outcry spearheaded by the kinky community. The story was originally called “Dungeons of Debauchery” and is now “Bob Bashara’s Alternative Lifestyle.” The station also blurred out entire bodies instead of partial faces. Unfortunately, the station did name the venue.

---- snip ----

"If you are as outraged as I am, please take a moment to contact Detroit’s Local 4 Investigative reporters and let them know how you feel."

Local 4 Defenders Investigator Kevin Dietz
Defender Kevin Dietz
Follow: @kevindietzWDIV

Local 4 Defenders Investigator Karen Drew
Defender Karen Drew
Follow: @drewWDIV

Local 4 Defenders Investigator Marc Santia
Defender Marc Santia
Follow: @marcsantia

Hank Winchester
Follow: @winchesterWDIV

--------

Much more at the Source: http://www.chicagoden.net/2012/05/detroits-local-4-news-filming-of-bdsm.html
There was a little matter-related activity / article posted at the same Source:

TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012

Deviations Is Coming Back!

pup ruff
Chicago Den

DETROIT - Deviations, the party that was the target of a hidden camera investigation by Detroit television station WDIV, is indeed coming back...

----------

Read more at the Source: http://www.chicagoden.net/2012/05/deviations-is-coming-back.html
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Bashara ponders lonely future, may write book

Posted: 06/02/12 05:26 pm

By Mitch Hotts

While Bob Bashara waits to see if prosecutors will charge him for the strangulation of his wife, the Grosse Pointe Park property manager ponders his future and the prospect of someday writing a book about his experiences.

Bashara, who Grosse Pointe Park police have labeled a person of interest in the murder of Jane Bashara, said he’s been ostracized from the life he once knew and feels he has been falsely portrayed by anonymous prosecutors and the media as an out-of-control playboy who got a sexual thrill from causing pain to women.

“The bottom line is I am a pacifist,” he said. “I am not a violent person in any way and I could never be mean or evil-spirited. I’m a man who owns rental properties, and who cared for two women. But I loved my wife, Jane. Without her, I have nothing.”

Jane Bashara, a Mount Clemens native who worked for a marketing firm, was married for 26 years to Bob Bashara and the couple have two grown children. The two were well known in the Grosse Pointe community, raising thousands of dollars for various school and charitable projects.

Her body was found Jan. 25 in the back of her SUV in an alley on Detroit’s east side, about seven miles from her home where she had been reported missing by her husband the night before. An autopsy determined she had been strangled.

In the days and weeks after the discovery, lurid details of Bob Bashara’s life began to surface. There were reports of an affair with another woman who said the two were preparing to launch a new life together, and an alternative lifestyle involving sex dungeons.

During a telephone interview with The Macomb Daily, Bashara was asked what his future holds if he is not charged. Although he may not want to, he may have to leave Grosse Pointe Park. “I was happy. I had a very good life,” he said while tending to one of his rental properties near 11 Mile and Jefferson in St. Clair Shores.

“I would come home from my volunteer work with a sense of satisfaction and to my wife, who I loved dearly. Yes, I cared for two women. Does that mean I would leave Jane? Absolutely not.” The other woman, Rachel Gillett, has said in interviews that she and Bob had a lengthy relationship. She said he told her he was divorced and she believed him.

The two traveled together and were seen out together in public. She said they planned to buy a new house and start a new life with another woman in an alternative lifestyle arrangement.

In recent weeks, however, Gillett has sought a personal protection order, saying she now is in fear of Bashara after he has repeatedly tried to contact her. He has apologized for that and says he will no longer try to communicate with her.

As for his role in the bondage and domination community where he was known as “Master Bob,” Bashara said the public doesn’t understand the lifestyle, adding he may someday write a book about his experiences. He declined to be too specific because of his children, but did talk in general terms.

“Most people don’t understand the whole bondage and domination thing,” he said. “Many couples could benefit by the principles. In this lifestyle, I met women who had been abused and befriended them, empowered them, to understand their needs of submission in a positive way. This isn’t about rough sex; it’s not about sex at all.”

He pointed to the popularity of “50 Shades of Grey,” the best-selling erotic novel with similar themes: A successful businessman with a loving family is enticed by another woman with her own dark desires, as evidence of the public’s appetite for something wildly different.

“Ten years ago, there was no approval of gay marriage but now it’s legal in eight states and the president of the United States is approving of it. That lifestyle has become more understood and accepted over the past 10 years. I think this lifestyle will eventually become more understood as well,” he said. “This is not about men beating women for their satisfaction. I detest those people. This is not about S&M. Domination and submission, that’s what it’s about. It’s about a mental mindset.”

None of Bashara’s private life would have ever made headlines if his wife hadn’t been brutally beaten and killed.

Police have charged Joe Gentz with her death and conspiracy to commit murder.

A former Bashara handyman, Gentz reportedly confessed, telling police alternately that he was forced at gunpoint by Bob Bashara to kill the woman, while other times saying he was given cash and a used car for the murder. He remains in jail awaiting a June 11 hearing in 36th District Court in Detroit to determine whether he his mentally stable enough to understand the charges against him.

David Griem, Bashara’s defense attorney, said he suspects the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office is waiting for Gentz to be found competent and then strike a plea bargain deal with him to testify against Bashara.

If Bashara is charged at some point, Griem said he would question the timing.

“I think the prosecutor’s office would then be in a position to have to explain what was the triggering event that caused them to seek a warrant against Mr. Bashara,” Griem said. “What evidence would they have that was not present a day ago, a week ago, four months ago. It would be Joe Gentz being found competent.”

Maria Miller, a spokeswoman for the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office, said Prosecutor Kym Worthy had no comment.

For his part, Bashara said he is “scared as hell” of being charged. He believes the prosecutor’s office is “driving a smear campaign with no evidence” against him, waiting for him to crack.

“The reason I hold my head high even though I’ve lost everything is Jane. The bottom line is I wasn’t there when she died and I so wish I had been home that night to protect her,” he said.

--------

Source: http://macombdaily.com/article/20120602/NEWS01/120609873/bashara-ponders-lonely-future-may-write-book&pager=full_story
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 1529329737 . Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 2084913611 . Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 2084913611 . Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 2084913611 . Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 1529329737

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 2084913611 After 3 weeks of planning, today is the kick-off of the Justice for Jane campaign! Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 2084913611

Below is the press release that was sent today to the major media outlets in Detroit and the Grosse Pointes.

PRESS RELEASE

Saturday June 9, 2012
    Re: Justice for Jane (Bashara) campaign

Saturday, June 9 is the kick-off of the Justice for Jane campaign in the Grosse Pointe community. This campaign is the display of items with the words “Justice for Jane” including yard signs, ribbon magnets for cars, wristbands, and purple tree ribbons. This first distribution of items is very limited, with future distributions planned as new requests are received.

The goal is to have as many of them on view as possible before June 22, which would have been her 57th birthday. We believe Jane would be proud and deeply gratified that her community joined together to avenge the terrible wrong of her senseless death.

The purpose of the campaign is to show in a visible way the Grosse Pointe community's desire to bring to justice whoever murdered one of its most respected members. It affirms a trust in law enforcements' efforts on her case and stands behind them.

Sale of campaign items serves a dual purpose in providing funds for a commemorative vigil for Jane which will be held later this summer, date to be determined. All proceeds in excess of expenses will be donated to one of Jane’s favorite charities.

This first wave of signs and tree ribbons is very limited as they were sold with no media exposure or advertising --- simply from those who view Justice4Jane.forumotion.com. We fully expect many more requests when people see them and hear about the campaign. They will be distributed every week for as long as being ordered. The wristbands and car magnets are due in by June 15. To date, the count ordered is: yards signs, 46; wristbands, 52; ribbon car magnets, 23; tree ribbons, 14.

Costs of these items are: yard signs $15; wristbands, tree ribbons, and ribbon magnets, $5 each. To buy or make donations, email Justice4Jane@yahoo.com, re: orders/donations. Purchasers will be notified of the pickup date and location in Grosse Pointe.

The organizers wish to remain in the background (not take the spotlight) and let the campaign speak for itself. We truthfully would like little media coverage, but realize that is not feasible with such a high profile case. For any questions, please email justice4jane@yahoo.com with the reporter’s name and contact information. A volunteer will email the reporter with the requested information. Thank you for your consideration.

Since this forum was started less than a month ago (May 13), we are pleased with this progress. Onward and upward!

Yard / Vigil Sign $15.00 (stakes included)
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Proof

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Th_003

Wristband $5.00

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Th_gd_test_color-filledphp

Car Magnet Ribbons $5.00
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Get-item-image-dynamic

Tree ribbons are also available. One ribbon will fit a large trunk. Cut in half it can cover 2 smaller trunks.

********************************** ********************************** **********************************

After covering expenses and unsold inventory, any remainder will be donated to one of Jane's charities.
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 003
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Murder suspect Joe Gentz heads to court Monday for a competency hearing

Gentz charged in murder of Grosse Pointe woman, Jane Bashara

Published On: Jun 10 2012 06:17:19 AM EDT

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Joe-gentz-competency-exam-jpg

DETROIT -
Monday, a judge will decide if Joe Gentz will stand trial for the murder of Grosse Pointe woman, Jane Bashara. The handyman allegedly confessed to killing Jane.

His attorney, Susan Reed, said Gentz has had few visitors.

She said Gentz has said he’s worried about what’s next in the case...

--------

The rest is at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Murder-suspect-Joe-Gentz-heads-to-court-Monday-for-a-competency-hearing/-/1719418/14760120/-/qw25ko/-/index.html

Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Darkman wrote:Joe Gentz is due in court at 1 pm Eastern Time on Monday ... if i am not mistaken.

"Gentz is expected to return to 36th District Court in Detroit on June 11 to determine if he's been deemed mentally fit for trial."

It, actually, looks like 1:30 pm on June 11 (not 1:00 pm), if the Source is correct:

At press time, Gentz’s competency hearing was rescheduled for 1:30 p.m. June 11 to give the Forensic Center time to come up with their findings...
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Court
36th District Court
421 Madison Avenue
Detroit, Mi 48226

The 36th District Court is one of the largest and busiest courts in the United States. Most of the citizens of Detroit will have their first contact with the judicial system through the district court. For this reason, it is often referred to as the "People's Court".

While the 36th District Court processes over 500,000 cases each year, it is a court of limited jurisdiction. This means that its authority is limited to only those actions that have been defined by state law. This court has original jurisdiction for the following actions occurring in the city of Detroit:

- All Traffic and Ordinance Violations

- All Criminal Misdemeanor Cases

- Preliminary Examinations for Felony Cases

- Small Claims Suits

- Civil Lawsuits (other than small claims) for Amounts up to $25,000.00

- All Real Estate Matters Involving Rent and Land Contract Disputes.

A chief judge presides over the Court and oversees 30 judges and six magistrates.
A Court Administrator oversees all of the operations of the Court and approximately
500 staff.

--------

Source: http://www.36thdistrictcourt.org
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Friends And Supporters Launch “Justice For Jane”

June 11, 2012 8:25 AM

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Justice-for-jane-tree-ribbon

GROSSE POINTE, Mich. (WWJ) – Friends and supporters of Jane Bashara are mounting what they’re calling the “Justice For Jane (Bashara) campaign”.

Organizers say the purpose is to visibly show the Grosse Pointe community’s desire to bring to justice whoever murdered one of its most respected members. They’ve begun selling yard signs, car magnets, wristbands, and purple tree ribbons — with the goal to have as many of them displayed as possible before what would have been Jane Bashara’s 57th birthday — on June 22nd.

---------

Source: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/06/11/friends-and-supporters-launch-justice-for-jane/
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:23 pm

DETROIT
June 11, 2012

Competency hearing scheduled for Bashara handyman/murder suspect

By K. Michelle Moran
C & G Staff Writer

This afternoon, a judge will decide whether Joseph John Gentz, 48, of Grosse Pointe Park is competent to stand trial in the Jan. 24 murder of Grosse Pointe Park marketing executive and mother Jane Bashara, 56.

A competency hearing for Gentz is slated to take place at 1:30 p.m. June 11 in front of 36th District Court Judge Kenneth King, according to a spokesperson from the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office. Gentz is a handyman who worked for Jane Bashara’s husband, property manager/businessman Bob Bashara. Gentz allegedly told police that he murdered Jane Bashara at Bob Bashara’s behest, although some reports indicate that his account of the murder has varied; in at least one version, Gentz is said to have told police that Bob Bashara ordered him to kill Jane Bashara while holding a gun on Gentz.

Although police named him a “person of interest” early in the case, Bob Bashara had not been charged with anything as of press time.

Gentz was arraigned March 5 on charges of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder in the case, which has attracted national media attention. His competency hearing was originally scheduled for May 4, but Gentz’s court-appointed attorney, Susan Reed, sought and received an extension to finish needed exams and collect documents for the hearing.

----------

Source: http://www.candgnews.com/news/competency-hearing-scheduled-bashara-handymanmurder-suspect
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:26 pm

June 11, 2012 at 11:07 am

Bashara handyman's competency review could have 'huge impact' on case

By George Hunter and Christine Ferretti
The Detroit News

Gentz's attorney, Susan Reed, requested the competency evaluation at his March arraignment. Court records say the St. Clair Shores man has a 67 IQ. He was previously diagnosed with bipolar and organic mood disorder.

The outcome of Gentz's competency review will have a "huge impact", if Bashara is charged, former Macomb County Prosecutor Carl Marlinga said.

"The only witness who can tie Bashara to the killing is Mr. Gentz," said Marlinga, who is now a defense attorney.

Marlinga said if Gentz is ruled incompetent, a judge could determine that his testimony is not admissible. Or, Marlinga said, a judge could allow the testimony, but if Bashara is later charged, his attorney, David Griem, could have a strong argument that Gentz is not credible.

"I see this as a headache and a challenge for Prosecutor (Kym) Worthy to proceed with this case," he said. "I wish her all the luck in the world, but this is a very complicating factor now that you have the mental health and stability of your prime witness being questioned."

Competency hinges on whether a person suffering from an emotional or mental illness can tell right from wrong at the time the act was committed, Marlinga said. Whether they suffer from a mental illness is immaterial.

If Gentz is found incompetent, he will continue with evaluations for up to 18 months. At that point, the charges would be dismissed without prejudice. He would then likely be involuntarily committed to a mental health facility through a civil court proceeding and would remain there until competency is regained and the charges could be reauthorized.

Gentz could still be allowed to testify against Bashara, even if he's deemed incompetent to stand trial, said University of Michigan law professor David A. Moran.

"The question of competency to stand trial is an entirely different matter from whether someone can testify in court," Moran said. "They're two entirely different questions."

If Bashara is charged, a judge would likely determine during the trial whether Gentz could testify against him, Moran said. "They wouldn't need a separate hearing; the judge would just make a ruling away from the presence of a jury."

Another question is whether Gentz's confession could be used to convict him if he's deemed mentally unfit to stand trial. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 1986 that a mentally ill person's confession may still be used, as long as the interrogating police officers didn't violate any constitutional rights.

"As long as the police don't do anything wrong and just listen to what a mentally ill person has to say, the statement is still good," Moran said.

Meanwhile, the man who was once known throughout Grosse Pointe Park as "Big Bob" and "The Mayor of Middlesex" said it's been difficult seeing his reputation morph from philanthropist to murder suspect.

Rows of television trucks are no longer parked outside Robert Bashara's house on Middlesex Street. Reporters stopped incessantly knocking on his door months ago. But the 54-year-old father of two said life has been anything but normal since a tow truck driver pulled into a Detroit alley the morning of Jan. 24 and found Jane Bashara's body in the backseat of her SUV.

"It's been better for me," Bashara told reporters in April. "Bob Bashara wants to find out who killed his wife. I've been tried and convicted in the media. This is the land of America, where you're innocent until proven guilty."

Robert Bashara expects to be charged with his wife's murder, Griem said.

"This ordeal has been really tough on his kids," Griem said. "We're still treading water, but the sharks have been increasing in number."

The "sharks," Griem said, are Wayne County prosecutors who are building a case against his client. Griem said in February that he expected imminent charges to be filed against his client, but that hasn't happened yet.

Although Grosse Pointe Park Police Chief David Hiller named Robert Bashara as a "person of interest" in the case just days after the murder, investigators backed off calling Bashara a suspect on the record until a court filing in April by Assistant Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey.

Prosecutors have declined to comment on the case, but the April 13 filing made it clear Bashara is the target of their investigation, with Lindsey referring to him as a "suspect" 12 times.

Police have searched Bashara's home twice.

The lack of charges against Bashara is not an indication of the strength or weakness of the prosecution's case against him, Moran said.

"The fact that there haven't been charges filed doesn't really tell us anything," Moran said. "Sometimes, people aren't arrested for years while an investigation continues."

There may be a strategic reason for holding off on charging Bashara, Moran said.

"When you charge someone, that brings constitutional protections that don't come into play if someone is just the target of an investigation," Moran said...

------------

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120611/METRO01/206110378#ixzz1xUwcmfPG

MORE at the Source (above)
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Darkman wrote:
Joe Gentz back in court to determine if he is competent to stand trial in Bashara murder case

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe Gentz will undergo second competency hearing in Jane Bashara murder case

Family handyman charged with murder of Grosse Pointe Park mother, new evaluation results due in late July

Published On: Jun 10 2012 06:17:19 AM EDT Updated On: Jun 11 2012 02:05:58 PM EDT
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Joe-Gentz-in-court-jpg

DETROIT -
A handyman charged with strangling a Grosse Pointe Park woman will undergo another evaluation for his mental health.

Joe Gentz has been in custody for more than three months in the death of marketing executive Jane Bashara, whose body was found inside her Mercedes-Benz in a Detroit neighborhood earlier this year.

Gentz is charged with murder and conspiracy. Results from a competency evaluation was the subject of a court hearing Monday, but a second and independent evaluation was requested by defense attorney Susan Reed - and granted.

A hearing on the results of the second evaluation is scheduled for July 23.

It was noted in court that Gentz had been ruled competent during the first evaluation, which was performed June 5 by a psychologist with the state Department of Health....

-----------

More at the Source:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Joe-Gentz-will-undergo-second-competency-hearing-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-case/-/1719418/14760120/-/yg07yn/-/index.html

Uncut VIDEO added at the source already mentioned in above posts:

Uncut: Bashara murder suspect to get 2nd competency hearing

---- VIDEO (3:21) ----

"A hearing on the results of the second evaluation is scheduled for July 23." (for now it's also set for 1:30 pm Eastern Time)

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Joe-Gentz-will-undergo-second-competency-hearing-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-case/-/1719418/14760120/-/yg07yn/-/index.html

Spoiler:
P.S.
The prosecutor has some hairdo, i tell ya.... Smile
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Clipboard01

Lots of comments at this link there ... some people are getting upset, frustrated ... and as many times in the past, skeptical and sarcastic.
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:49 pm

GROSSE POINTES

June 11, 2012

Group seeks ‘Justice for Jane’

Vigil planned for murdered Grosse Pointe Park resident Jane Bashara this July

By K. Michelle Moran
C & G Staff Writer

On June 22, Jane Bashara would have celebrated her 57th birthday, likely in the company of family and friends.

But for the marketing executive and proud mother of two grown children, there will be no more birthdays. There will be no more laughter or conversations or new memories. All of that ended when someone brutally strangled Bashara on Jan. 24, leaving her body in her Mercedes SUV in an eastside Detroit alley, just a few miles from her home in Grosse Pointe Park.

A group comprising people who knew and loved Bashara wants to see whoever was responsible for the murder brought to justice, and to that end, they launched the Justice for Jane campaign June 9. They are supplying and distributing yard signs, tree ribbons, wristbands and ribbon magnets with the message “Justice for Jane.”

“We believe Jane would be proud and deeply gratified that her community joined together to avenge the terrible wrong of her senseless death,” organizers wrote in a press release. “The purpose of the campaign is to show in a visible way the Grosse Pointe community’s desire to bring justice to whoever murdered one of its most respected members. It affirms a trust in law enforcements’ efforts on her case and stands behind them.”

Organizers say they don’t want to be publicly identified because, as one organizing committee member said by email, “No one on the organizing committee wants the attention.” They would only communicate via email and wouldn’t provide their names or a phone number. An unidentified spokesperson said there are four organizers on the Justice for Jane committee, all of whom are members of Justice4Jane.forumotion.com. At press time, there were about 113 forum members, who include friends and acquaintances of Jane Bashara, Grosse Pointers and other metro Detroiters who’ve been following the case, and people who follow true crime cases across the country, the spokesperson said by email.

The case has drawn national media attention, possibly due to the reported involvement of Bob Bashara — Jane Bashara’s husband — in the S&M scene and the presence of a mistress who allegedly shared this interest. Lurid tales of Bob Bashara’s supposed activities outside of his marriage have turned the tragedy into tabloid fodder and shed a dark light on the normally safe, quiet bedroom community of Grosse Pointe Park, where people walk or ride bikes to neighborhood stores and restaurants, and multiple generations have raised families.

Details about Bob Bashara’s alleged affair have, in the minds of many, overshadowed Jane Bashara herself, a woman known for her involvement, with her husband, in volunteer efforts for her church and Grosse Pointe schools.

“After almost five months since Jane’s murder, we hope to have a visible show of the community’s desire to bring justice to whoever killed her,” the Justice for Jane spokesperson said. “Jane’s voice has been silenced, and we want to speak for her.”

Although he had not been charged as of press time, Bob Bashara was named a “person of interest” by police early in the investigation. Bob Bashara has denied any involvement in his wife’s murder. A Justice for Jane spokesperson said he isn’t involved in this effort, but is likely aware of the campaign because of the presence of signs on his street.

“We consulted only with Jane’s birth family, and they have given our efforts their blessing,” the spokesperson said in response to another question by email.

The spokesperson said organizers would like people to know that Jane Bashara “was a highly respected member of the community and a warm, lovely person who is dearly missed.”

According to the spokesperson, the sale of signs, wristbands, ribbons and car magnets will be used to pay for a vigil this summer for Bashara. At press time, they said scheduling conflicts and a lack of funds at the moment led them to postpone the vigil from her birthday June 22 to July; an exact date and location hadn’t been set as of press time. Any funds remaining after vigil expenses such as venue rental, printing and audiovisual programming would be donated to one of Bashara’s favorite charities, the spokesperson said. Yard signs are $15 each, and tree ribbons, magnets and wristbands are $5 apiece.

At press time, a spokesperson said 20 signs had already been placed, and 46 signs, 14 tree ribbons, 52 wristbands and 23 ribbon car magnets had been ordered or purchased.

One of the signs — located at a house across the street from the Bashara family home on Middlesex — was reported stolen the night of June 9, the spokesperson said. A police report has since been filed, and the spokesperson said the single sign was replaced with two signs.

“If they are stolen, they, too, will be replaced as many times as necessary,” the spokesperson said by email.

To purchase a sign or other reminder items, send an email to Justice4Jane@yahoo.com. For more information, visit www.justice4jane.forumotion.com

--------

Source: http://www.candgnews.com/news/group-seeks-%E2%80%98justice-jane%E2%80%99
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Handyman Gentz found competent to stand trial in Bashara slaying, but attorney seeks private opinion

3:01 PM, June 11, 2012
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 Bilde?Site=C4&Date=20120611&Category=NEWS02&ArtNo=120611029&Ref=AR&MaxW=2000&Border=0&Handyman-Gentz-found-competent-stand-trial-Bashara-slaying-attorney-seeks-private-opinion
Joseph Gentz, left, appears with defense attorney William Winters III for a competency hearing at 36th District Court in Detroit, Mich., Monday, June 11, 2012. The hearing is moved to July 23rd so that an independent evaluation can be made. / KATHLEEN GALLIGAN/Detroit Free Press

Joseph Gentz, charged in the murder of Grosse Pointe Park resident Jane Bashara, has been deemed competent to stand trial, but his attorney is seeking an independent evaluation.

Gentz appeared for a short hearing this afternoon in Detroit’s 36th District Court. He is charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy in Bashara’s death. She was found strangled in her SUV, which had been dumped in an east-side Detroit alley on Jan. 25.

Gentz, who records show has a history of emotional and psychiatric issues, has undergone a psychiatric evaluation, which determined he was competent.

Gentz’s court-appointed attorney, Susan Reed, said she will be seeking an independent evaluation.

Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey said Gentz was found competent and was found to be familiar with the plea bargaining process. But Reed said she wants “to be very sure that Mr. Gentz is competent before we proceed with any negotiations.”

According to Macomb County Circuit Court records, Gentz was diagnosed in 2003 with being bipolar and suffering from a mood disorder and his IQ is listed as 67, which is well below average.

No one else has been charged in Bashara’s death, but after her husband, Bob Bashara, failed a polygraph examination, Grosse Pointe Park police called him a person of interest. Bob Bashara has denied involvement in his wife’s death.

Gentz is a handyman who had done work for Bob Bashara. He told investigators that he killed Jane Bashara at the behest of her husband, sources previously told the Free Press.

A formal complaint filed by the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office alleges that Gentz plotted “with another known individual,” but does not name the person.

Gentz will next appear in court July 23.

--------

Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120611/NEWS02/120611029/Joe-Gentz-Jane-Bashara-Robert-Bashara

P.S.
Looks like Joe Gentz now added another attorney, 2nd attorney ... defense attorney William Winters III
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Joe Gentz Found Competent to Stand Trial in Jane Bashara Murder Case

The handyman charged in the January strangulation death of Grosse Pointe Park resident Jane E. Bashara will undergo a second competency evaluation by an independent doctor at the request of his attorney.

By Sara Eaton Martin, the author 3:08 pm
Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2) - Page 4 A3c614feff48dd248ec6c7b0bfa37e81

Spoiler:

The handyman who worked for Bob Bashara has been found competent to stand trial in the murder and conspiracy charges related to the strangulation death of Jane E. Bashara—a beloved member of the Grosse Pointe Park community, mother and avid volunteer.

Wayne County Deputy Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey announced the results of the evaluation Monday in 36th District Court during a brief hearing before Chief Judge Kenneth J. King...

His court-appointed attorney, Susan Reed, requested Monday that Gentz undergo a second competency evaluation by an independent doctor. She told the judge she had a doctor in mind but declined to identify the person until after the court order is signed.

The attorneys did not go into detail about the results of the first competency evaluation, but Lindsey said the results show he understands the charges against him as well his environment and the case.

Lindsey told the judge she was fine with Gentz being evaluated a second time. She explained to the judge that Gentz's attorney—Reed—is more comfortable with having the second evaluation before entering into any plea negotiations.

Both attorneys asked the judge to adjourn the competency hearing until after the second evaluation can be completed. King agreed and set a new competency hearing for July 23.

Reed said after Monday's hearing that she wants the second evaluation to make sure her client is indeed competent to stand trial. She said there are "issues there" prompting her request. She declined to provide more detail...

His appearance in court Monday came two days after a group calling itself Justice 4 Jane launched its public campaign to bring closure to the case. The individual members of the group do not want to reveal their specific identities so the emphasis is on solving Jane Bashara's homicide, according to a press release sent to media.

Those involved are friends, community members of the Pointes and metro Detroit, and victim advocates throughout the country. The campaign includes the sale of yard signs, ribbon-car magnets, wristbands and tree ribbons, with proceeds to benefit Jane Bashara's favorite charities.

The yard signs have already started popping up in and around the Pointes, including on Middlesex where she and her husband Bob lived. Bob Bashara, according to the press release, is not involved but her birth family has given their approval of the campaign...

For more information on the Justice 4 Jane campaign, visit the website: http://justice4jane.forumotion.com/ or email justice4jane@yahoo.com

--------

More at the Source: http://grossepointe.patch.com/articles/gentz-found-competent-in-bashara-case

... including the VIDEO of Gentz' attorney Susan Read speaking ...

P.S.
Check out poster's comment at the Source...
Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Darkman
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next